Because of the recent wildfires, we are expanding our programs to offer support to our grieving communities in the months ahead. We need more help as soon as possible!
Due to the urgency of this need, we are offering an abbreviated version of our volunteer training. Our first training session will be held on Thursday, September 24th, 6-8pm via Google Meet, and will be repeated weekly. A morning session will be added if needed.
Volunteers who choose to continue after this immediate time period will receive our in-depth grief companion training at a later date.
This training will be facilitated by Christine Hunter-Robertson, WinterSpring’s Director of Outreach and Education.
Material covered will include:
- Education about grief—how does grief express, patterns, duration, outcomes
- Bereavement support models, tasks of grief
- Tools for Healthy Grieving
- Complicated Grief
- Companioning model, one-on-one and in groups
- Group facilitation skills
- How children and teens grieve
FOR MORE INFORMATION: EMAIL INFO@WINTERSPRING.ORG