Join us for adventure at Camp WinterSpring as we explore and heal.
for 6th, 7th, & 8th graders who have experienced a death.
- $75 for the weekend, includes food, tents and adventure equipment.
- Scholarships available for free/reduced lunch and/or OHP.
- May 13-15, 2016
- Pre-registration is required.
- Download Enrollment Form and call: 541-552-0620
- Download Permission to use media and Release of Liability Form
BEREAVEMENT SKILLS TRAINING
An educational workshop presented by Julie Lockhart and Jamie Barton of WinterSpring, and Dr. Kay Lynne Sherman, a psychologist specializing in grief. (Click here for presenter bios.) This training is for professionals who encounter people in grief and prospective WinterSpring volunteers who have background experience with grief work.
Material covered will include:
- Education about grief—how does grief express, patterns, duration, outcomes
- Bereavement support models, tasks of grief
- Complicated Grief for Adults
- Use of therapeutic interventions in grieving
- How children and teens grieve
- Listening, mindfulness, being present; companioning one-on-one
- Companioning in groups, group facilitation skills
- DSM for licensed practitioners
When: Saturday October 3, 8:30am-5pm
Cost: $75 for training and an additional $15 for CEU’s from NASW, if applicable. (Limited scholarships are available based on need.)
For more information: 541-552-0620 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Has it been two years or more since you lost your spouse or life partner?
If so, consider being part of WinterSpring’s new “Life After Loss” group, specially designed for those who have moved beyond the initial stages of grief but are still feeling the impact of their beloved’s absence in their everyday lives… This group offers a chance to connect with others who have also traveled some distance down the road of “the new normal.”click image for larger view
Courageous Grief Talk – KSKQ 89.5 community radio